Monday, January 9, 2012

January 7, 2012

With tax season quickly approaching, I knew this would be my last weekend to venture far from home for a while.  The weather was nice, so after a quick trip to Alamo to take care of some business, we headed towards Sikeston, MO to eat at Lambert's.  Of course, good weather also meant a chance to grab a few geocaches while out.

 Our first stop was  The Great River Road - Tennessee.  It was going to be a simple park and grab, but I needed it to color in a grid for the Tennessee DeLorme Challenge.  We could see the container as we approached, and it was open and had no log.  I had log sheets with me, so I placed it inside and returned the container closer ot the gorund and hopefully less conspicuous.

Stop # 2 was Aim High.  Another easy P & G, this was my first find in Missouri and centered around a tribute to a Caruthersville World War II pilot.  It was proof that you can make a P & G into a nice cache.

Approaching Sikeston, we then stopped in pursuit of Are they still spots without the leopard? The name made more sense upon approach.  Nothing special, this cache was needed, however, to fill a requirement for the GEO.JOE (RVG Challenge) cache.

Returning to Tennessee, we then hit The "Tennessee Welcome" Travel Bug Hotel.   I picked up a couple of travel bugs to move along here.  I also needed this to help fulfill a requirement  on the Abiectio, the Evil One? (Challenge Cache).  I hit the other cache at this rest area as well before heading home.

Though there were only five caches on this trip, I fulfilled requirements toward the before-mentioned challenges, as well as picking up my 11th Geocaching Virtual Souvenir, which also leaves me one souvenir away from being able to find and log the TN--12-'Souvenirs' CHALLENGE.

Great day and great weekend to relax before the next three months of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment